Sep 2, 2008

Playground

Tonight my roomate Josh and I took a late night walk to drop Moni off at the train and do a bit of exploring in the 'hood.  We ended up at the playground by my apartment, and for a second I felt like a kid again climbing the monkey bars, going down the slide and attempting (in vain) to do a chin-up.  I always freakin' hated in middle school when chin ups were part of the physical education test.  Umm, hello...some of us have giraffe length arms and have a longer distance to hoist ourselves.  But whatever--I'm over it.  

Anyways, now I'm all excited about this park because it has a basketball court.  Not that I'm a hardcore street baller or anything, but it'd be nice to get out a shoot a few hoops for old times sake.  I think I'll go buy a basketball after work tomorrow.  I love living in Brooklyn cuz it's kinda suburban (for New York, that is) and kinda city.  It's just nice to have space and simple luxuries like a grill and a linen closet.  I've been breathing so much easier this past month.  I don't think I fully realized how uptight I've felt the past four years until I moved.  4 years of not feeling relaxed--that is somethin' else.  People here are just normal folk, ya know.  They grew up here and don't care so much about being in any kind of scene besides whatever action is going on over at the neighbors stoop.  I dig that--just normal stoop folk doin' their normal everyday thing.  I dig feeling more relaxed and being a little bit of a kid again.  Yeah, Brooklyn is a good new era.  

No comments: