Oct 16, 2004

Casual Sex and the City

So I think tonight I was officially introduced to what us Christians call "the world." The other week I ran into a friend on the subway who used to work with me in Bryan, TX (of all places). Tonight I met up with her and some friends at this bar, and it was one of the girls' 30th birthday. Anyways, we were all sitting at the booth having some girl hangout time when I suddenly found myself on an episode of Sex and the City. Now granted I've never seen the show, but I can pretty well guess what a conversation between those characters sounds like. Birthday girl is going on about her long slew of ex-boyfriends, not forgetting important details like male anatomy measurements and how perplexed she is about whether or not to keep the old boyfriend around as a "casual sex thing on the side."
Needless to say, my opinion on such matters was never asked for, and so I sat quietly, secretly relishing this unofficial initiation to The City.

No comments: