Mar 29, 2005

Pick-me-Up

I've been feeling down in the dumps for the past few days. Maybe a combination of PMS, burnout at work, and something else that's too stupid to discuss. Anyways, reading my friend Christian's journal reminded me that I too have a list of things that make me happy. Those who know me well also know that just the act of making a list gives me great pleasure...it truly is an art form. All that to say I managed to dig up last year's list to share with you peoples (all 1 of you, since that's the average number of comments I seem to be getting on my blogs these days). Ok, Ok, without further ado, I present:

Things that Make me Feel Alive
1. being with and laughing with my family (most especially during trips in mom's minivan)
2. having deep conversations (preferably over coffee) about spirituality, society, relationships,..
3. being in Kayron's neighborhood and playing with the kids; hugging her little brother
Michael (side note: Kayron is the girl I mentored during college)
4. playing volleyball
5. listening to live music
6. writing
7. traveling to new places
8. girl-bonding
9. laying outside to look at the stars (and for the record, last year I actually camped out in my
own backyard--tent and everything)
10. playing softball on a perfect spring day (with my dad)
11. riding my bike down Villa Maria Rd. in Bryan, TX right before sunset.
12. bare feet on green grass (preferably doing cartwheels)
13. a day on the boat at Canyon Lake
14. eating coconut ice cream in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, the most beautiful beach in the world
15. laughing hysterically with my best friend Kim

So clearly I could add about 2 million things to this list, but for now 15 will have to do. I'm not too sure how much that did for my mood, but having happy memories to smile about--I wouldn't trade that for the world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

jenners,
you make all of us feel alive...you amaze me! PdC with Coconut is nice but have you forgotten turtle bay curry and starry skies and big bootie? much love always, mel :)

Anonymous said...

Jenn-

I love you so much!! I'm totally in the "combination of PMS, burnout at work, and something else that is too stupid to discuss has got me down" group. thanks for sharing your list.. i must come visit soon :)

CK

Anonymous said...

Love the minivan. Incoorporating comfort, saftey, and reliability into a sleek and stylish contour - great choice for the Petersen household. Now you have THREE comments...SO exciting!

Enjoyed the list. Makes me wanna visit TX.

ab

Anonymous said...

Just FYI I ALWAYS check your blog to see if anything has been posted. i will start trying to post comments moer! :) I love the list by the way.

Mexi

Anonymous said...

jenn petie - i love you and thinkin of you makes me smile :) its ok to have dumpy days...youll get outta it..just remember the wise words of bob marley, "everythings gonna be alright" i think thats bob marley right? anyways...you get the point. love ya, girl!
-kate

i love how im 'anonymous,' yet leave my name at the end so that you know who i am...doesnt that defeat the purpose?

Anonymous said...

you didn't mention going to club starzzzz with the locals in playa....

great list by the way. hope you are doing well in nyc!

alex