Feb 22, 2007

Looking Up

Something about being outdoors always helps to put matters in perspective for me. I don't know what it is. Recognizing that God created the grass and the trees and the East River somehow helps me understand that He's probably got my life under control too....and then I go back to my apartment and manage to forget that beautiful epiphany.

Yesterday was the first time things felt remotely promising on the job front. I went to a staffing agency and met with some pleasant folks who seemed quite positive that they would be able to find a good fit for me. I don't know why I've never gone to one of these places before. They do all the work for you. It's fabulous. There's also something empowering about putting on a suit. I felt important and intelligent...maybe that's shallow and pathetic ,but it's the truth. I can better understand why the "power tie" is so crucial to the male wardrobe.

I think I've finally gotten some mental and emotional closure with the boy situation too. We talked yesterday, and I realized that conversing with him always manages to disrupt my inner peace. Why it took me 5 months to figure that out I'm not so sure. Better than 5 years I guess. I haven't exactly been able to vocalize this conclusion to him, so I'm taking the more passive no call back approach....I shall keep you posted on how this "weaning off" process goes.

Ok, my tutoring gig calls, and plus I don't really have anything else inspiring to say.

No comments: