Oct 25, 2004

Monday Blues

Starting a new job and that female time of the month on the same day probably isn't the best of combinations. Not that work was horrible, but it definitely made me question what exactly I'm getting myself into. I don't know what made me think that working for a government-funded program would give me all kinds of freedom to save the world. Just based on what I observed today half the time is spent actually providing some kind of direct service and the other half is spent writing down every single move you made that day. I don't know, maybe I completely missed the boat on this one...or maybe I should just suck it up and not be afraid of a challenge. The reality is that it's only been one day, and at this point my exhaustion is entirely dominating my outlook.

2 comments:

Alex said...

cheer up.

Julie said...

Don't worry Pete. I know you are an amazingly dedicated person and will stand up to this challenge. God has you there for a very GOOD reason. My dad always taught me that I can't change the world all at once, but I can make a difference in individual people's lives...in turn changing the world one person at a time. I know it is corny and all, but keeps things in perspective.